Adamson University (AdU) or simply Adamson is one of the largest private Catholic universities in Manila, Philippines.It was founded on June 30, 1932 by the Greek immigrant Dr. George Lucas Adamson, who was shortly joined by his cousins Alexander Adamson and George Athos Adamson, as the Adamson School of Industrial Chemistry.
It is a member of the University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP). Adamson is ranked 6thamong Philippine universities based on number of Centers of Excellence and Development.
On February 5, 1941, the school was granted university status by the Department of Education.
On December 4, 1964, the university was turned over to the Vincentian Fathers of the Congregation of the Mission (CM) and was incorporated into the Adamson Ozanam Education Institutions, Inc.
Today, Adamson University has programs in graduate education, law, the arts and sciences, engineering, nursing, pharmacy, architecture, business administration, teacher education, as well as secondary, elementary, and preparatory education.
In February 2007, Adamson University celebrated its 75th founding day.
Dr. George Lucas Adamson, a Greek chemist from Athens, founded the Adamson School of Industrial Chemistry (ASIC) on June 20, 1932 to train young men and women along the lines of practical industrial chemistry. It started as a one-classroom school that evolved into the Adamson School of Industrial Chemistry and Engineering (ASICE) on February 19, 1936. Upon approval by the Secretary of Public Instruction of its application for university status on February 5, 1941, it became known as Adamson University (AdU).
- School Name: Adamson University
- Nickname: Adamson Soaring Falcons
- Founder: Dr. George Lucas Adamson
- Motto: Education with a Heart; Veritas in Caritate (“Truth in Charity”)
- Established: 1932
- Type: Private, Roman Catholic, Vincentian
- Staff: 1000
- Students: over 22,000
- Location: Manila, Philippines
- Campus: Urban 11 acres
- Hymn: Adamson Hymn
- Colors: Blue and White
- Mascot: Soaring Falcons
- Affiliations: ASAIHL, ACUP, CEAP, COCOPEA, FAAP, IAU, IFCU, PAASCU, PACU, PACUCOA, SMIIC, U-Belt, UAAP
Adamson University is located in San Marcelino, Ermita, Manila along with Technological University of the Philippines- Manila and Philippine Normal University- Manila. It maintains buildings namely: St. Vincent Building, St. Therese Building, Cardinal Santos Building, Ozanam Building, John Perboyre Building, St. Francis Regis Clet Building and Leandro Montañana Building. References Encyclopedia and Almanac Adamson University.
- Saint Vincent de Paul Building (SV Building) is the founding building of Adamson University, the University Gym and the St. Vincent Hall are located at its grounds.
- Saint Theresa Building (ST Building) was the former site of St. Theresa’s College- Manila which was phased out. Within its grounds are the St. Therese Quadrangle, Botanical Garden, Earthworm Sanctuaries, and the Adamson Theater.
- Cardinal Santos Building (CS Building) was formerly owned by Meralco before it was handed over to Adamson University. It houses the University President’s Office and the Registrar’s Office.
- Ozanam Building (OZ Building) houses most of the university’s technical laboratories and the College of Engineering and its departments. Its chemical laboratory is recognized as one of the largests in Asia.
- John Perboyre Building (JP Building) has classrooms and an Audio-Visual Room.
- St. Francis Regis Clet Building (FRC Building) houses the Basic Education Department of the University.
- Fr. Leandro Montañana CM Building (LM Building) houses the University Library on the first three floors and the College of Nursing.
Adamson University – Graduate School
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education
- Doctor of Philosophy in Management
- Master of Arts in Education Specialization in:
- Supervision and Administration
- Computer Aided Instruction
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Chemistry
- Master of Science in Management Engineering
- Master in Information Technology
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Science in Pharmacy
- Master of Arts in Theology Major in :
- Pastoral Ministry and Renewal
- Dogmatic Pastoral Theology
- Pastoral Studies and Religious Education
Adamson University – College of Law
- Bachelor of Laws
Adamson University – College of Architecture
- Bachelor of Science in Architecture
Adamson University – College of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
- Bachelor of Science in Customs Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major in :
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resource Development Management
- Operation Management
- Business Economics(disolved)
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management (with CHED Application)
- Bachelor of Science in Office Administration Major in :
- Office Management
- Computer Education
- Two-year Computer Secretarial Course
Adamson University – College of Education
- Bachelor of Elementary Education Specialization in :
- Computer Technology Education
- Physical Education
- Religious Education
- Social Studies
- Bachelor of Secondary Education Specialization in :
- Computer Technology Education
- Physical Education
- Religious Education
- Social Studies
- General Science
Adamson University – College of Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Ceramic Engineering**
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Geology
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering
- Special Five-Year Ceramic Engineering
- The only University in the Philippines offering a course to prepare technicians for industries, manufacturing: Whitewares, Tile, Glass, Enamels, Cement, Limes, and Plasters, Refractories, Structural Clay Products, Insulations, etc.
Adamson University – College of Liberal Arts
- Bachelor of Arts Major in :
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
- Bachelor of Science in Sports Studies (with CHED Application)
Adamson University – College of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy Associate in Health Education
- Pharmacy Technician
Adamson University – College of Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics with specialization in Computer Application
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Associate in Computer Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Information System
- Caregiver – 6 months with certificate
Adamson University – College of Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
National Service Training Program
- Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC)
- Literacy Training Service (LTS)
- Civic Welfare Training Service (CWTS)
- High School & Grade School (boys and girls) with Computer Subjects
- Accredited by the Phil. Accrediting Association of Schools Colleges and Universities (PAASCU)
- Accredited by the Phil. Association of Colleges and University Commission on Accreditation(PACU-COA)
- Cash Basis: With 2% discount on tuition fees.
- Installment Basis: P5,000 downpayment upon enrollment.
- School Year 2008 – 2009 : P17,477.00 – P34,345.00
- Rev. Fr. Gregorio L. Bañaga, Jr., C.M. President
- Bro. Henry E. Escurel, C.M. Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Rev. Fr. Francisco Nicolas P. Magnaye, Jr., C.M. Vice President for Student Affairs
- Mrs. Ana Liza M.Ragos Vice President for Administration
- Rev. Fr. Maximino D. Rendon, C.M. Vice President for Finance
- Ruthlane Uy Asmundson : Mayor Pro Tempore – Davis City, California, U.S.A.
- Angelito Gatlabayan : Congressman – 2nd District of Antipolo City
- Jose Catindig, Jr. : Former Mayor of Santa Rosa City
- Rodante Estrellado : Former Vice Mayor of Luisiana, Laguna
- Moises Morales : Councilor of Calamba City
- Noel L. Villanueva : Mayor of Concepcion, Tarlac
- Paeng Nepomuceno : International bowling champion
- Marlou Aquino : 1996 PBA Rookie of the Year
- Hector Calma : Guided Adamson Falcons to its 1st UAAP Men’s Basketball Championship
- Kenneth Duremdes : 1998 PBA MVP, one of the 25 Greatest Players in PBA history
- Gherome Ejército : PBA Player
- Edward Joseph Feih : 7-foot PBA Player
- Carmelo “Mel” Alas : Adamson Soaring Falcons basketball coach, 68th (UAAP) Season
- Francisco Luis “Louie” Alas : former Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) basketball coach; currently handles Letran Knights
- Ken Bono : 2006 UAAP MVP
- Jestoni Alarcón : Actor
- Hazel Ann Mendoza : Actress
- Nida Blanca : Actress
- Red Sternberg : Actor
- Joko Díaz : Actor
- Francine Prieto : Actress, Comedienne
- Smokey Manaloto : Comedian and TV personality
- Marissa del Mar : TV host: Up Close and Personal with Marissa Del Mar
- Dexter Dominguez a.k.a. Teri Onor : Gay impersonator and TV personality
- Dan Yñiguez : Producer/Managing Director of Tele Ad Production Films
- Guillermo Gómez Rivera : scholar, writer, journalist, historian
- Charlie Domingo Jr. : Philippine Military Academy (PMA) Class 2002 Valedictorian
- Chief Superintendent Lina Sarmiento : The second lady police general in the PNP.
- Fr. Marcelo Manimtim, C.M.Filipino Lazarists : (Vincentian) priest in Paris, France, first Asian director of Paris-based Centre International de Formation (CIF)
- Fr. Gestie Advincula, C.M. : Filipino Vincentian priest in Beirut, Lebanon
- Adamson University
900 San Marcelino st., Ermita, Manila 1000
- Registrar’s Office and Admission Office
- Job Applications
- Job Placement
- Adamson News
- Official website
- Adamson University Computer Science Department
- Adamson University Information Technology & Management Department
Incoming search terms:
- adamson university
- adamson university logo
- adamson university manila
- adamson university highschool grade 11